Tag! I'm It, or: I hated being it as the little fat kid


Oh SarahB. I heart you. Even if it means I'm it. As a child, there was nothing worse than being picked last for the football team, or being the first one out of a cruel game of dodgeball, or (not to say the least) being 'it.'

But there was also nothing better than being an All-State tenor in the ridiculously competitive Texas high school UIL contests, or getting the biggest applause while taking my bows at my first school musical (where I wasn't the lead), or being selected as Thespian of the Year for my alum's local International Thespian Society chapter.

And I imagine, in some other life, if SarahB and I were to be in grade school together, we probably would have been happily married on the playground during recess.

So due to the binding commitment of marriage (not to mention my utter affection for the NYC/TX diva), I will not only happily play along, but I will with great enthusiasm bear the title of 'it' proudly.

The Rules
  1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog. My tagger was SarahB at Adventures in the Endless Pursuit of Entertainment.
  2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
  3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
  4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
  5. If you don't have 7 blog friends, or if someone else already took dibs, then tag some unsuspecting strangers.
The Facts
  1. I am a world karate champion. In 1996, I won the title of World Sparring Champion - Novice Division for ages 10 to 11 in Washington D.C. at the Sport Karate International (SKIL) Super Grands World Games 7. Yeah, I know. I'm a badass
  2. I own over 300 DVDs. And I haven't actively bought movies (I hate being poor) for about 2 years. I am also overly compulsive about them being in alphabetical order.
  3. Although I am not necessarily a devout (or even active) churchgoer, I have a very high respect for Catholicism and will probably always refer to myself as a Catholic (even though I haven't attended Mass in years and don't agree/believe a lot of the teachings).
  4. I've never owned a DVR (eek!). This will be remedied on Halloween morning. I will have three. Woot woot.
  5. My 2 best friends now live in New York, New York. Michael has been there for 2 years and Adrianna just moved there yesterday. When is it my turn?!
  6. I am an only child from a single parent home. My mother effing rocks. Like uber hard. Just writing that made me get teary-eyed.
  7. Will Parker (Oklahoma!) and the Cat (Honk!) are my favorite roles that I've played.
The Tagged Bloggers
  1. The up and coming Jess at The Resident Artist
  2. The always fabulous Joie at So Much To Deal With
  3. The always reliable (and I know he doesn't have the time for it becasue he's too busy saving the world) Steve at Steve On Broadway (SOB)
  4. The young and ambitious Katie at Theatreisms
  5. The uber intelligent (and I know he doesn't have the time for it because he's too busy educating the world - Jekyll does blow hard) Chris at Everything I Know I Learned from Musicals
  6. The sorely missed Eric at Man In Chair (please come back to the blog world when you're done being a human being)
  7. My Vex and SPP fellow castmate Allsion at The Latest Happenings of the Great You-Know-Who

3 comments:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Not too busy for you, Joseph!

Sarah B. Roberts said...

I <3 you back and get your sweet ass to NYC! Take it from me, you just have to do it.

JESSICA TAGHAP said...

Wow, I'm up-and-coming? Niiice.

Will put up my post soon!

~J-Sizzle

 

Copyright © 2009 I Can't, I Have Rehearsal Designed by csstemplatesmarket

Converted to Blogger by BloggerThemes.Net